Followers

Friday, March 29, 2013

Help . . . I have odd socks!!!

I love a card with a story, do you?  This card has a great story and I don't think my grandson will forgive me for telling it to the world :)  My daughter and grandson were visiting hubby and I in Saudi for a few weeks and while here I treated myself to several more Mo's Digital Pencil digis, they are just so super cute and fun to colour.  Taking a shine to Two Toby I set about colouring him in and as if the image had given my grandson an idea he decided to throw a tantrum, a good one too, it last about 15 minutes and amongst all the other animal noises 'Mummy I want' was often repeated.  Fun over and the little person settled down (not getting what he wanted I should add) and the day moved forward without any further dramas.  I decided at that point the card being made with this image would have to be my daughters Mother's Day Card.  A couple of days later, when time permitted, I set about making the card and would you believe, another tantrum from his excellence.  Bless his cotton socks, only two tantrums in three weeks, not bad going.

For this card, I designed the room for Two Toby to throw his tantrum in and cut hand made paper I picked up somewhere for the walls, it has such a great texture.  For the floor I used thin cork sheet which gave, again, the perfect texture.   Window blinds were coloured and then embossed with clear embossing powder to give a plastic feel, the punches came out and mini transport ones selected to punch the vinyl which were stuck on the walls.  I cut the word Mummy out of vinyl on my Black Cat (no other word would do would it <g>) and once the image had been placed on the card with foam tape I stuck on the text.  The caption was printed and stuck to the card and to finish off a bit of yellow ribbon and a bow.

Hope you like the finished product :)


Recipe:-
  • White Linen card and straight line stickersfrom Craft Creations
  • Digi - Two Toby - Mo's Digital Pencil
  • Cork paper, yellow hand made paper, ribbon, vinyl from stash
  • Fiskers mini punches
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. I love this. It's so well thought out and put together. It brought a smile to my face. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo adorable!! I love the story of your grandson's tantrum...I can just picture it. I bet he's a cutie, though...and has stolen everyone's heart!! This card is such fun...I love the "wallpaper" and the colors and the sentiment. So perfect!! I'm so tickled that you've joined us again for this week's fun challenge at Mo's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. O this is fantastic.... so funny. Love the layout. coloring's well everything actually! TFS with us over at Eclectic Ellapu this week.
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  4. super card, love the story..Kids..lol thanks for playing along with us at CRAFT. X Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and beautifully put together. I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing this week at Sassy Studio Designs.
    Karal SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love how you've designed this card. Great idea to colour up those socks differently. Love the scene and that little brat shouting for mum. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi
    Such a cute card.Love it. I did one similar a few weeks back. Amazing!! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Stamps.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful. Nice to have an image which resonates with mothers everywhere! Thank you for sharing your work with us at Happy Campers. Good Luck. Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, oh I remeember those days so well .... pity you weren't making your wonderful cards 30+ years ago .... tjis card puts a smile on the face and puts those challengingmotherhood days in perspective. I love the contrast between the walls anf floor. Well done you xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable! Fantastic coloring. With my little one being only 3 1/2 months I haven't quite reached this stage yet....but am kind of looking forward to it. =D Thank you for playing along with us at Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Supercute card ♥
    Thanks for playing at SGC
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi