Followers

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Saucy Fairy

Time for another challenge over at

Think Pink
(Breast Cancer Awareness)

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, just remember, you must use and IKEsART image to be eligible for the prize.  Why not pop on over to the store too :), Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

For this fortnights challenge of Think Pink (Breast Cancer Awareness) I thought it would be great to work with a digi I have just got from Ike :) - the digi is Saucy Fairy .  Now I can hear some of you saying 'What - a saucy fairy for something as serious and heartbreaking as Breast Cancer Awareness" and I agree.  However, life is not all doom and gloom and I believe much of the battle for any illness is staying as positive as possible and doing ones best to make the good days as good as possible, live life to the fullest when you can.  I also believe you need to find peace from within and the way I do that when life is a bit s****y is to have a lovely hot bath (not to get clean, no soap involved hahahah, generally thought a LUSH bath bar so I have lots of bubbles), I turn the lights off as they ruin the ambience and light candles instead and then I put my favourite music on, get into the bath and close my eyes so I can sink into a place of peace and tranquility for a just a little while.  Now you can see why I have decided to go upbeat with this creation, all be it pink (Ike - what are you doing to me, more pink, I so seldom have anything to do with pink but in your challenges I seem to use it a lot hahhaha), a fairy in her high heels and feel good clothes, a positive sentiment and another sentiment to link with the candles included in the card.  I hope it all makes sense now and you don't feel I am being flippant.

So here is my candle card

To begin with I made the card/box using pink hammer card.  I then covered the front, inside and candle box area with some lovely pearl satin ribbon paper with pink hearts on it.  This paper was bought from the States when I first started making cards, I think it was the first speciality paper I every bought and this is the second time I have used it :)  Not because I don't like it but because it is on a mini roll and stays in a drawer and not with my other flat paper so I keep forgetting about it.  The window has acetate behind it.

Next I assembled the card and put the candles in for no other reason at this point in time other than I wanted to hahahaha
Next I cut three fan sections using Joanna Sheen's - Large Lattice Fan and stuck the sections together.
 Onto some printing.  Using acetate I printed the text I wanted on the front of the card.
 Time to do something else with the acetate.  My old trick of using my 6x4 embossing folders which don't work with any card shapes I make these days so I don't mind taking my hammer (usually the rolling pin but I think hubby has pinched that back and put it in the kitchen).  By using my rolling pin/hammer I can control where the embossing happens, in this case, I embossed all over with the exception of the areas were there is text with wee hearts.
 Now to put these bits together before moving on.
 Time to start on the digi, I printed the digi at 30% opacity as I don't want many lines showing.
Then I coloured her in using my beloved Promarkers.  Pink Stickles were added to the frilly petticoat and the shoes.
 Promarkers used
For the wings I used some of the acetate I had left over and a second printed copy of the digi in case I messed up on the first <g>  I am happy with the way the first one turned out so this one is spare so I will use her to cut a second set of wings.  I have forgotten to take a pic, but once the wings were cut I sprayed them with gold glitter varnish from Crafters Companion, one of my new favourite acquisitions.
 Next using my electronic die cutter I cute the word Positivity in vinyl.
Onto the inside of the card while the varnish and Stickles are drying.
 All done, everything dry and assembled.  To protect the candle card saying as it does not fit in an envelope I have made a sort of tent shape with a boxed bottom out of acetate.
And here we have the finished candle card.


Ingredients:-
  • Digi - Saucy Fairy by IKEsART
  • Promarkers
  • Acetate, Stickles, Liquid Pearls etc. from my stash
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

26 comments:

  1. This I REALLY clever, I think it has to be my most favourite card ever. I had never considered using acetate in such a way but will have a go now thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this, especially the amazing colouring of the fairy.
    DQ (aka An English Lady).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the clever one? Fantastic idea. Love the image and your layout. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood's "Think Pink" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Mimi! I love these candle cards- what a great card/gift! I especially appreciate your breakdown and photos of your process - I learned a couple of new tricks. Putting the embossed images where I want them using a hammer is my favorite! Well done!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#117 – Anything Goes]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Mimi...this is simply GORGEOUS!! Your colouring is phenomenal...the candle box a superb idea!! The sentiment is so very inspiring...beautiful creation...thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Pink or Breast Cancer Awareness"!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You are amazing! This creation is just beautiful and I found your 'way of doing things' so fascinating! Thanks for all the wonderful tips & tricks! LOVE THIS CREATION! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINK PINK’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and it looks so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic candle card! I love the image & your design! I love the step by step instructions too!
    Thanks for sharing at The Crafting Cafe in our Think Pink challenge this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for haring at The Sisterhood Of Crafters too!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your DT sister visiting. I love the image and what you did with them this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooow…. Such a sweet project. Lovely sweet fairy sentiment . Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a gorgeous candle card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea and I just luv bubble baths and totally agree with you on this :-)
    Awesome colouring and this is a fabulous creation - you rocked this one :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an extraordinary amount of work you put in to this, Mimi! Fabulous little gift for anyone. I'm so glad to see you playing along in our "Awareness" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. :-D Good luck in the draw and we hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely candle card. Thank you for showing us how to make this project. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
    Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne xx
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Craft Your Passion Challenges - hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous project!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love what you did with those Promarkers. I just love them as well! Perfect card for our awareness challenge at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us!
    kReN, TTDT
    @ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW that's such a fabulous creation! And you are right that it's good to find something more upbeat when you are feeling low! Totally awesome. Looooove the way you have done the sentiment and of course the fabulous embossing is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Path of Positivity challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my,what a wonderful creation and so beautiful too.Just love your clever idea with the embossing folder and hammer!Super colouring on the fairy too.This would certainly lift anyone's spirits.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome card - stunning colouring.
    Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG, what a brilliant idea to use a hammer or rolling pin on those pesky embossing plates!! I love your project, and thanks for the tutorial. Awesomeness! Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful creation. Perfect project for our theme - Courage this month over at PoP.
    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ♥ Monica

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful creation, beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this is such a beautiful and pretty little tea light gift. This is so perfect for our COURAGE theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your colouring. Making a card and a candle box in the same piece is a great idea. Thanks for sharing your work with us at All Crafts Challenges.

    Maja DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi