Followers

Monday, December 1, 2014

SPS - To the moon and back

Hi folks, hope you day is going well.  Time for me to share another Sweet Pea creation, this time a candle using the fabulous image Courtney McAnsh's To the Moon and Back.


To begin with I sprayed my tissue paper with a light adhesive spray and stuck it to some A4 paper.  I then printed my candle wrapper.  I know some folks use paper when covering candles but I find this far to heavy and suspect it it a bit of a fire hazard.
Normally I create my candle wrappers 100% digitally but many artist do not allow digital colouring of their digi images.  Recently, while in the UK I invested in the Spectrum Noir blendable crayons and wondered if it would be possible to colour on tissue paper with them as they are fairly soft.  Success :) :) After my wee practice I coloured this image with the SN blendable crayons.
Next I removed the backing paper and attacked my low tack wrapper to my candle.
After having wrapped it in wax paper I then used my heat gun to melt the wax from the candle through the tissue paper.  Once done, I then added some candle gold dust in areas on the background and then, finished off with some water based candle varnish for a lovely sheen.
And here is the finished candle.
Ingredients:-
  • Courtney McAnsh's To the Moon and Back
  • Background by me
  • Candle
  • Tissue paper
  • Candle varnish
  • Heat gun
  • Gold dust for candle
I am entering this creation in the following challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi