Followers

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Himalayan Blue Poppy

What a lovely couple of days I have had, I so love Aurora Wings images :) :) I wish I had more time to do these wonderful images justice but life keeps on getting in the way. Anyway, yesterday and today I put the world to one side and took myself off into another dimension to create a card for the current Aurora Wings challenge - My Lucky Colour(s). It was just so tempting as I love colour challenges too and this one put me in my element.  So what is my favourite colour, it has to be purple, to me to most balanced of all colours in the spectrum. With purple being made up of reds (pinks) and blues and me believing in total equality for males and females this colour is the essence of equality hahahaha.  Apart from that, it is such a beautiful colour, so rich and sensual and easy to be with.


So onto my card now that you know all about my favourite colour.  I have used the image Himalayan Blue Poppy which I coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos.  I then fussy cut the image ready to place on my card.

 Next I designed a couple of borders and cut these out with my die cutter.
My card is a black base and I have used a black mount which I covered with purple lace, nicely ruffled to give lots of texture. This pic is a bit bright but at least you get to see the gorgeous design on the lace and the ruffles. I then placed my die cuts on the left side.
With the base of the mat completed and the image fussy cut it was time to work on the embelishments.  Using one of the butterflies from Spellbinders Les Papillions 2 to cut my butterflies I then finished them off with two coats of 3D Crystal Acrylic.
Then I added some olive green glitter to the edges and two green pearls in the centre for the body.   I have not shown it here, but I then made a simple Birthday sentiment using black card and a silver peel off sticker which I coloured with a purple Promarker.
 For the inside of the card I used a Spellbinders Grand-Nestabilities Labels 1 die and edged it with the same olive green glitter.  One of the butterflies was then placed on the bottom corner to carry the theme of the card through.
 I edged the mat with some purple metallic pearl bead trim and attached the butterflies, sentiment and fussy cut image.

Ingredients:-

  • Image - Himalayan Blue Poppy by Aurora Wings
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Dies - Spellbinders Les Papillions 2 and Grand-Nestabilities Labels 1, other dies by me
  • From my stash - Lace, pearls, glitter, brads, peel off sticker.


I am entering this card into the following challenges :-

25 comments:

  1. Stunningly gorgeous card! I love that image and the addition of the lace and those butterflies that you made are outstanding! Love that you decorated the inside of the card too! Thanks for playing along with us in the Scrapy Land Challenge #13!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card - inside and out. Such opulent colours... just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the colors in this are perfectly yummy looking! SO beautiful and love the added butterflies and borders you made. A lovely, lovely card and thanks so much for joining us at Scrapy Land challenges!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons, Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Mimi. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is amazing coloring! Thanks for joining in at Dazzling Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun detail in your card! Thanks for sharing your card with us in the Dazzling Diva Challenge. We are so glad you joined us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card. Love the lace that you gathered up behind the image. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is some gorgeous coloring! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Add a Little Dazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the colors and awesome coloring. Thanks for joining in at the Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Striking colours! Great card thanks for sharing at Whoopsi Daisy good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Mimi, both inside and out! Love your dramatic color scheme and fabulous details. Thank you so much for joining our "Lucky Colors" Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, this is gorgeous! Amazing colouring!

    Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this time. Hope to see you back again.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow- your colouring is incredible! Thanks for joining in with the Dazzling Diva challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purple is one of my favorite colors, too, and your creation here is just breathtaking, Mimi! I love your coloring on the image, and all the elements that make up this card. So opulent and elegant! Love, love, LOVE!! So glad to have you join us at Aurora Wings Challenge!

    Mitzi xx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card! Your colouring of that gorgeous image is stunning! I love all the butterflies! Great job at decorating the inside too! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our "Decorate Inside and Outside of Your Card" challenge. Best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card...inside and out! Your coloring is wonderful!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card ... love that green glitter on the purple. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous. Love the color combo and that lace is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous all the details and your colouring is great. Thank you for participating in our challengeThrough the Craft Room Door/ Anything Goes and I hope you will return to the next challenge// Zora Dt for TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card. Great job with the coloring and the addition of lace. Thanks for joining us this week or our Die to Die for Challenge at Sassy Studio Designs. Karal SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning creation. Love your step by step detail.

    Lovely image and colour.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge , hope to see you again and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card with so many wonderful details! Love how you've colored this image too. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi