Followers

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Birthday Scuba Diving

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #19
NOT SQUARE OR RECTANGLE


For many years my youngest daughter has been a rugby player amongst other sports but after many injuries she decided to stop playing, she now manages the team instead.  Giving up rugby she had to replace the many hours of training and playing with some new sports hobbies, one is downhill biking and the other is scuba diving.  I asked her the other day what sort of things she would like as themes for cards now she was growing up (she is 35 lol) and the answer was biking and scuba diving - I should have guessed but I so hoped she would say, lace, flowers, pearls etc. hahahaha.  My brain had a brain freeze with her choices and so I decided to start with a circular easel card and the theme scuba diving and let the card evolve as it went along as the more I planned it the more stuck I became.  Have to say, I am rather pleased with the outcome and I know she is going to love this one.  There is a little bit of sentimentality going on, the yellow shell bead is over 50 years old, it was from a shell bead set my Grandpa gave me when I was a wee girl, treasures so often found in old bead boxes :) :) :).  The bead at the end of the bead drop is a hand made one I brought back from Kenya where my daughter was born.

Challenges entered:-

5 comments:

  1. I so love your very personal birthday card for your daughter, you did a fantastic job and I love that you added a bead from her birth country!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jane... what an amazing card! First, it's ROUND! How fun! And that darling image and all the seashells. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous underwater scene on this gorgeous shaped card.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! And I hope your daughter will too . I love all of the seashell embellishments .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you rose to the challenge brilliantly - I bet your daughter is thrilled with this card! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi